Options

Ignore dynamic mask doesn't work for Azure devops plugin?

yeweinanyeweinan Posts: 3 New member
edited December 16, 2020 12:03AM in SQL Change Automation
Hi team,

I set the   <IgnoreDynamicDataMasking>True</IgnoreDynamicDataMasking> in the ComparisonOptions.xml. 
I can see that sql source control in the SSMS is ignoring the mask. But the DevOps 'Create a database release artifact' step still generating the sql with alter table.

Am I doing a wrong practice or the DevOps plugin doesn't support the feature? 

SQL Change Automation: Release, version 4.2.2

Many thanks,
Weinan
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your forum post.

SCA PowerShell version does not make use of the ComparisonOptions.xml created using SQL Source Control.  

The user needs to set the required SQL Compare options within the cmdlet they are using, for example the New-DatabaseArtifact - 

<table><tbody><tr><td><code>New-DatabaseReleaseArtifact -Source <Object> -Target <Object> [-FilterPath <string>] [-IgnoreStaticData] [-SQLCompareOptions <string>] [-SQLDataCompareOptions <string>] [-IgnoreAdditional] [-TransactionIsolationLevel <TransactionIsolationLevel>] [-IncludeIdenticalsInReport] [-AbortOnWarningLevel <WarningSeverity>] [-IgnoreParserErrors] [-SqlCmdVariables <hashtable>] [-CodeAnalysisSettingsPath <string>] [-DriftFiltering <DriftFiltering>] [<CommonParameters>]
    <br>Many Thanks<br>Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com