To use this database with SQL Source Control, you must have Team Explorer installed.

ccacca Posts: 3 New member
edited December 4, 2020 4:08PM in SQL Source Control
Hi,
We already were using successfully Sql Source Control 6 linked to a GIT repository.
After upgrading to Sql Source Control 7 we are not able anymore to compare two commits. It always returns : To use this database with SQL Source Control, you must have Team Explorer installed. 

I cannot undestand what's changed, TFS server is the same, Sql Source Control SSMS plugin is able to correctly read repository... 
Tagged:

Answers

• ccacca Posts: 3 New member
    edited December 7, 2020 11:16AM
    Sorry, a little update : It is not liked to a GIT repository but to a TFS repo.  TFS Server is the same as was configured in SqlSourceControl6, everything is the same, we just updated SqlSourceControl. Maybe I need to clear some cache?

[EDIT] I also have a VisualStudio2017 installed with its TeamExplorer. SqlCompare v13.8
    Other Data : TFS server is a 2018. 

[EDIT 2] If I open SqlCompare and I try to set source as TFS I get : You can't link to TFS because you don't have the required software installed. For TFS2010 or later you can either use... etc..
    I have : SSMS 17.6 - VS 2017 Team Explorer
  • Hi @cca

Sorry, you're experiencing this issue!

So this is a recent bug with SQL Compare using the integration of SQL Source Control connecting to TFS, the team is currently  investigating the issue with the following reference: SOC-10208

The current workaround I suggest is rather than selecting SQL Source Control as the Source or Target in SQL Compare, is to select a Scripts folder and reference the local copy of the repository.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• ccacca Posts: 3 New member
    Hi DanC, thanks for the info. 
    Is there an url where I can follow issue's status?

• Hi,

Unfortunately the bug reference is internal and would advise keeping an eye on the release notes for both SQL Source Control and SQL Compare

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Hi @cca

I'm pleased to inform you that the latest update to SQL Source Control now has the fix for the TFS issue!
    • SOC-10208 - Fixed issue that prevented connections to TFS projects in SQL Compare
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/soc/release-notes-and-other-versions/sql-source-control-7-2-release-notes

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?