Why is renaming a tab so difficult?

JimFJimF Posts: 49 Bronze 3
Hello,

I'm just trying to rename a closed tab in Tab History. I can get to the Rename mode and type in the new name, but it doesn't "stick" no matter what I try and do. I have tried tabbing away, pressing enter.

Why do I have to try unusual key combos until I hit upon Ctrl-Enter? What can't tabbing away or just pressing enter work?

If this is the only way this can work, perhaps there should be a tool-tip like item that comes up to remind you.
Tagged:

Answers

• @JimF

Thanks for highlighting this issue!

I can reproduce it as well hence I escalated this to the development team.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused and I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Hi Jim​,

My sincere apology for the delay in responding to you regarding this.

Our development team have now reviewed the bug you highlighted to us along with current priorities and current workload.

Unfortunately, on this occasion they are unable to work on a fix for this bug. They have advised that the following keyboard workaround will need to be used:

- Select the tab you want to rename using the keyboard
    - Press F2
    - Rename
    - Press Enter

Redgate highly values its customers and the contribution they make to helping us improve our products. However, due to the prioritization of open issues, the available resources, and looking at the overall impact, unfortunately it is not always possible to provide a fix for every bug.

We very much appreciate your understanding on this.

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?