Competition: Win a three month subscription to Pluralsight!

RoseannaRoseanna Posts: 353 Rose Gold 3
edited October 28, 2020 2:28PM in General Forum
Hello everyone,

Enter our competition to win a three-month subscription to Pluralsight!

SQL Compare is turning 21 this month (where has the time gone?!). To celebrate, we're offering you the chance to win a three-month subscription to Pluralsight* in this month's forum competition.

To enter, please tell us 'How SQL Compare has helped you' in the thread below.

The competition closes at midnight BST on 1 December. The winner will be randomly selected from the entries received.

Good luck!

Roseanna 

*Pluralsight is a technical skills platform that provides web development, IT certification and online training that helps you move forward with the right technology and the right skills. 
Product Marketing Manager for SQL Prompt and SQL Toolbelt Essentials

Comments

• It has bailed out a lot of teams I have worked in whose database development process could only be described as a free-for-all.  
  • Andrew18Andrew18 Posts: 1 New member
    edited November 15, 2020 6:30AM
    SQL Compare allows us to compare hundreds of PROD db schemas against master schemas(QA) and react accordingly if schema(s) mismatch occur.
  • SQL Compare helped me to compare quickly different SQL Server schemas (Dev, Test, Prod) and create deployment scripts as well as helping me to fix errors. Thanks !
  • MLysonsMLysons Posts: 4 Bronze 1
    SQL Compare was the final piece in our switch from a manual source control system - .sql files, with _<Version Number> suffix) - to a much more automated source control system. It has been beneficial when deploying changes because it lets you see the intended changes before you deploy, and hence it can avert problems that we may have missed before. 
  • SQL compare helps accelerate work and avoid time lost in tedious tasks
  • With SQL Compare, I was able to identify lot of DB related issues quickly which not only saved time, provided opportunities to make decisions quickly. Thanks.
  • Kevin3NFKevin3NF Posts: 1 New member
    SQL Compare (and Data compare) helped me become a speaker on the SQL Saturday circuit when I presented/demoed both tools at the North Texas SQL Server User Group in 2004. I overcame my fear of public speaking that day and started do other, smaller things until I was ready for prime time.

Oh...and I've rescued more than a few downed servers with the tool as well :)

I already have a full author subscription to Pluralsight, so no contest entry here...just telling stories!
  • SQL Compare tool helped us to compare our code from different environment with quick timeframe and deploy it with ease. I always recommend people to use this tool to know what magic it can do :) 
  • SS19SS19 Posts: 1 New member
    I quick guide for all solutions.
  • DBAGreg14DBAGreg14 Posts: 1 New member
    it recently helped me identify that only 1 table had a missing column that i can add instead of trying to restore an entire database, and take an outage.
  • angelosangelos Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    With Devs throwing random scripts at us saying 'ok this is all we need to move to production' SQL compare is a life saver. I always use it to move new databases to production: 
    - create an empty database in production
    - compare the dev database with the empty production 
    - deploy the 'differences' 

Not completely bulletproof but saves you a big chunk of pitfalls .
  • fhanlonfhanlon Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    We use SQL compare to promote changes to objects from Dev, to stage, to Prod.  This helps ensure consistency in the various environments.  We have on more than one occasion found objects that someone "forgot" in stage and never promoted up.  It is a valuable tool in our change process.
    Francis
  • mgcmgc Posts: 1 New member
    SQL Compare allows me to quickly check schemas of DBs in different environments and address any discrepancies.
  • npensanpensa Posts: 5 New member
    SQL Data Compare allowed us to trim down the backup time of one of our databases by only copying the different rows between them instead of migrating the whole database.
  • Thank you to everyone who shared their stories about how SQL Compare has helped you. We've really enjoyed reading them and are thrilled that this tool has helped so many of you.

I'm delighted to announce that winner of a 3 month subscription to Pluralsight is @fhanlon  >:O Congratulations! I'll be in touch with further details about your prize shortly.

While this competition is now closed, you may be interested in our new Redgate Tool Tips Swap. We've launched this tip sharing activity to help everyone get more out of their Redgate tools and learn and share with the community. Find out more.
    Product Marketing Manager for SQL Prompt and SQL Toolbelt Essentials
This discussion has been closed.