Multi-module assemblies are not supported when loading from memory Parameter name: assemblyBytes

Hi,

I'm new to SQL Source Control, trying to set it up with a development db ( SQLServer 2008). 
SQL Source Control throws this error "Multi-module assemblies are not supported ..."
SQL Source Control version 7.1.28.10996
SSMS v17.9.1

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your post and sorry for this issue you're running into!

This error is due to a bug in the SQL Compare engine. It has been fixed in the Compare engine, so we are just waiting now for the engine to be updated in SQL Source Control. 

I'll post here once the release with updated engine has gone out. 

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Hi @raymdlau!

I'm happy to report that yesterday's release of SQL Source Control includes this fix. :)

Can you please give it a try and let us know if any issues remain for you?

• WattoWatto Posts: 3 New member

I am also getting this same error using Source Control Version 7.1.29.11028 with SSMS v18.6 linking to databases on SQL Server 2017.

Source Control Version 7.1.29.11028 is a later version than the one mentioned in this forum. Could you please let us know if the version that fixes this problem is yet to be released and an expected release date.

I was not getting this error using the earlier version 7.1.26.10779

Thanks for your help

Hi @Watto!

Yes, the issue is unfortunately still present in version 7.1.29.11028.

It is fixed as of version 7.2.0.11372 (note that this is a frequent update release, so you will need to enable Help> "Show frequent updates" if you haven't already).

I hope that helps but please let me know if not!

Jessica - thanks for your quick reply. I'll look forward to version 7.2.0.11372 being released.
    No worries, @Watto, but just to clarify, the release is already available via Help>Check for updates (so long as you have "Show frequent updates" enabled). :smile:

Jessica - thanks for clarifying the update setting. I installed 7.2.1.11387. I can confirm the problem has been fixed.

Many thanks for your help.