How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

No objects returned from WMI Class Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor in SQL Monitor

Hello,

I am trying to put SQL Monitor to localhost of a machine but I am getting this error message. Do you know the reason ?

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, sorry to hear you're running into an issue!

This problem may be due to a corrupted performance counter or wmi repository.
    Can you please first try the following on the problem server:

1.  From an elevated command prompt - run winmgmt /verifyrepository. Then stop the WMI service by running net stop winmgmt /y​. Once you receive confirmation that the service has stopped, run  winmgmt /resetrepository and then try adding the server again.

2. Should that not help, please try rebuilding your WMI perf counters:
    Open a command line with Elevated rights and then run the following commands:
    c:
    cd c:\windows\system32
    lodctr /R
    cd c:\windows\sysWOW64
    lodctr /R
    WINMGMT.EXE /RESYNCPERF
    Stop and restart the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
    Stop and restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
    Then try adding the server once more.

I hope that helps but please let me know if not.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • MertuzanMertuzan Posts: 3 New member
    Hello,

Thanks for coming back to me. We find out that we need to give user Admin access to the server and to performance monitor. That has fixed the issue.
  • EricRitzieEricRitzie Posts: 1 New member
    Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue on Windows Server 2016 Standard.
  • MertuzanMertuzan Posts: 3 New member
    I elevated the user to have Admin access to Server Machine and SQL Servers Admin in the cluster and this has sorted the issue on that particular cluster.