How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Monitor Error

MarkTampaMarkTampa Posts: 14 New member
edited August 24, 2020 1:49PM in Redgate Monitor
Starting this weekend a group of AG group servers started getting random Monitor Errors all at the same time.  There are 4 servers in this AG group and one of them died but the others are fine.  Since that time we have been getting times where it monitors the 3 still active servers just fine for a decent amount of time and then stop getting monitored with the Monitor Error showing up for a decent amount of time then it goes green again.  It isn't a permissions issue and when I see a monitoring error I issue a ping from the SQL Mon server to the one it cannot monitor and vice versa and the pings are retuning results.  We are monitoring other servers as well and those are all fine so it isn't an issue with the server running SQL Monitor.

Any ideas on what this could be?  The servers being monitored are fine.  We would be getting tons of calls if people could not get to them when SQL Monitor has the monitoring error so I don't think it is a network connectivity issue.

We are running: 10.1.4.30312

This is the error for one of the servers when I see Monitor Error:

It cannot be a insufficient permissions though because it does monitor it fine for a 10+ minute timeframe.

24 Aug 2020 09:30

WMI

OpenNamespace: Root

Incorrect credentials or insufficient permissions

UnauthorizedAccessException

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Tagged:

Answers