No scripts displayed in the Error window

Hello, 

My colleagues and I have been having issues displaying a list of scripts ready for deployment for the last few weeks (see below). We tried to update to the latest version of VS 2019 and SQL Change Automation. However this hasn't solved the issue. 

The current versions installed: 
VS 2019 - 16.7.0
SCA - 4.3.20211.21565

Do you have any suggestion how to resolve this, please? It's a quite important feature for us. We really miss it as we are not sure what is going to be deployed really. It already caused as some troubles. 

Thank you for your help,

Annie 

Answers

• Hi @Annie

These scripts show as Pending scripts because you updated them in the project rather than on the development database.

You can deploy them to the database, mark them as deployed, or delete them from the Project.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • AnnieAnnie Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    Hi @Annie

These scripts show as Pending scripts because you updated them in the project rather than on the development database.

You can deploy them to the database, mark them as deployed, or delete them from the Project.
    Hi @Tianjiao_Li,

Thank you for your answer. I think you misunderstood my question. It is completely correct that there are Pending scripts. I am expecting pending scripts and I would like to deploy them. The problem is that the error window doesn't display a list of the scripts which are pending anymore. 

Process used to create scripts:
    1. SQL changes were made in a development database. 
    2. SCA is pointed to the development databases. Changes are then visible in SCA and new scripts are created. 
    3. SCA is pointed to a production database. SCA is aware of a new scripts but it doesn't display names of the scripts in the Error window as it used do it before. 
    One of my colleagues has not updated to the latest version yet. He is still able to see the list of scripts ready for deployment.  

Please, let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks, 

Annie
  • Hi @Annie

Thanks for your clarification.

I'm able to reproduce the issue as well. We've logged a bug for it and will keep you posted with any further updates!

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.
    Kind regards

edited August 19, 2020 11:21AM
    Hi @Annie

Thanks for your clarification.

I'm able to reproduce the issue as well. We've logged a bug for it and will keep you posted with any further updates!

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.
    Thank you @Tian@Tianjiao_Li. I will await an update on this. 

Just a thought - We feel that ideally there should be a dedicated deployment script list tab somewhere in the application rather than just writing to the Error List. But the Error List would do in the meantime! 

• @Annie

Thanks for your patience with us!

I'm pleased to let you know this issue has been fixed in version 4.3.20267 which we have just released. Please upgrade and let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks.
    Kind regards

@Annie

Thanks for your patience with us!

I'm pleased to let you know this issue has been fixed in version 4.3.20267 which we have just released. Please upgrade and let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks.
    Thank you! That's great.