Options

Masking Set Import?

I built a masking set for a single particularly troublesome table as a test.  That set is relatively large and wondered, is there was a way to import this set into the set for the entire database?  I am tempted to cut and paste sections out of the *.DMSMaskSet XML.  As long as I mind the Rule Block numbers, any reason not to attempt the XML route?

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Hi @KVM thanks for your post!
    At this time there's no easy way to port rules between Data Masker masking sets, so the easiest way to do this would be to, as you stated, copy and paste across the XML, assuming that you followed all of the rules and conventions! We would always advocate saving a master copy of each before doing this though, just in case!
    Let me know how you get on or if you have any questions - thank you very much!
    Kindest, Chris
  • Options
    KVMKVM Posts: 10 New member
    Well, navigating the XML files was more trouble than it was worth.  So, I created backup copies of the files and opened 2 instances of Data Masker, one for each file.  I worked across 2 monitors and duplicated it.  I thought I might be able to drag and drop between the 2 instances but no. So maybe as a feature request, drag and drop between instances and 'remembering' resized rule edit windows would be helpful.
  • Options
    Thanks @KVM sorry you had an issue with this - I will pass this back to the development team as a feature request! Let me know if you need anything else!