How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Are you a SQL Monitor user? We’d love to hear from you

The SQL Monitor teams at Redgate would like to find out about your experience using SQL Monitor and how we can improve it. Take our survey to have your say. It’ll take just 5-10 minutes and will help inform the team’s focus, over the coming months.

Comments

• IgnitionIgnition Posts: 2 New member
    Hi, Thanks for setting a Community forum and for asking.
    Yes I am using SQL Monitor, specially now that we are more security conscious, I have setup an Alert following the recommendations for custom metrics for SQL Injection and then set an Alert base on the new metric.

I have also setup an extended event to capture failed scripts which I've copied from a post by Kendra Little.

I would like the SQL Injection Alert to start a job to capture all the failed scripts 2 minutes before and after the Alert, so as to give me a narrowed down set of data to review.

Could you recommend a way that I can achieve this?
    One of my ideas is to create a custom metric using MS Windows Server Performance monitor base on the SQL Injection counter and then set an alert to start a predefined Task or run a script, but then maybe there is another way of doing this using the tools we are very familiar with ... Red-Gate and SSMS

Thanks in advance, Ignacio