Options

Why reflector suddenly closes while exporting code

I have an exe that reflector can load and decompile fine but if I try to export the source it crashes 1/4 way through on the same file every time but i can manually export that file. I've had no issues with other decompilers but reflector's is a better decompile so i've been exporting single files but theres a few hundred. No error messages come up, it just exits and does so on 3 different pc's and multiple versions of the same executable....always on that same file. Is there a way to tell it to ignore that file?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @kayla,

There isn't a way to tell it to ignore the file, I'm afraid, but would you be able to share the .exe file with us so we can investigate why it's crashing on that particular file?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    KaylaKayla Posts: 2 New member
    Sure how do I do that?
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2019 11:10PM

Thanks @Kayla! I've opened support request #146498 and sent the details to share the assembly.

• Options
    Hi @Kayla,

This should be fixed in the next release. :)

• Options
    SrinivasSrinivas Posts: 2 New member
    I have an exe that reflector can load and decompile fine but how do I export the source as a VB project or C# project. I saw the option in documentation that Right-click the assembly and choose Export source code but I didn't see any option to export the code. I am using .net Reflector 10.2
    Can you please provide some screenshots for the same.
  • Options
    Hi @Srinivas ,

You should get the option in the Desktop application as below:

• Options
    SrinivasSrinivas Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Jessica, thank you for the solution with screenshot. I have .net reflector 10.2 standard version and the popup is not showing the "Export Source Code" option. is it not available with Standard version?