Options

DB User always shows as changed

I just set up SSC for a few databases, and in one of them there is a DB user shown as changed in the Commit tab even though there are no changes shown below. If I commit or undo the "changes", the same user shows up as changed after the refresh. Any idea what could be causing this?

Answers

• Options

Thanks for reaching out and sorry that you're having trouble with SQL Source Control. Do you have the option enabled to Throw exceptions on SQL parser errors is enabled in your comparison options in the setup tab?

If not, can you try enabling it and see if it throws any errors in the commit tab?

If that doesn't reveal anything, would you send over a copy of the full log folder located in %localappdata%\Red Gate\Logs, including the logs for any other SSMS add-ons you have installed since they sometimes contain SQL Source Control activity?

We've opened a support ticket for you and you can upload the log files there.

Kind regards,

Pete Ruiz

• Options
    tslagtertslagter Posts: 19 Bronze 2
    edited July 6, 2020 3:56PM
    I do have the Throw exceptions on SQL parser errors option enabled.

I think the problem is that the original script generated by SSC and stored in source control contains a REVOKE CONNECT statement for the SQL login. SSC doesn't show it and isn't making that server-level update if I commit, but apparently sees it in the file and registers it as a change.