Cannot Find Linked Server on Build?

IKnealeIKneale Posts: 14
edited August 4, 2016 9:29AM in SQL CI 2
Hello,

I am currently trialing the DLM Automation Suite using Jenkins with an SVN repository and Redgate Source Control and using the Jenkins plugin from here. I have successfully tested it on a test (empty) database however when I attempt to get it working with one of my UAT databases I get the following error on a specific stored procedure:
Error: Synchronization of 'Scripts.state' and
'np:\.pipeLOCALDB#80ECACA6 sqlquery.sqlCI_edab5819-7a7d-4e9b-af6a-b50d28605
327' failed: Could not find server '<serverIP>' in sys.servers.

I have deleted, recreated and verified that said linked server does exist on the test server and is capable of successfully connecting. At first I thought maybe it was a transaction isolation issue (I've come across them using SQL Compare before) but feeding in the /til parameter doesn't appear to make any difference.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What are you trying to do at the time that this error occurs?

If you're running a build step then it might be attempting to build the database from the scripts on a localdb instance, in which case the linked server wouldn't be present. If that's the case then you might need to use a full instance of SQL Server that has already had the linked server configured - you would set this in the Temporary database server section of the Build step.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • ScarlethScarleth Posts: 2 New member
    Thank you for the information.