Options

Install is not working as expected (Redgate SQL Prompt)

YooakimYooakim Posts: 1 New member
edited June 10, 2020 10:23AM in SQL Prompt in ADS
I am trying to install the Redgate SQL Prompt in my Azure Data Studio. I am using the extension installer page as always. I find the Redgate SQL Prompt in the marketplace but when I press "Install" the VSIX files is downloaded in a new browser window.

This is not what I expected, I expected the extension to be installed in Data Studio session.

My Azure Data Studio version is:

Version: 1.18.1 (user setup)
Commit: 5b3b97f4a34018f3b37b0fce30e32f2af7ad78fa
Date: 2020-05-26T21:14:29.147Z
VS Code: 1.45.0
Electron: 7.2.4
Chrome: 78.0.3904.130
Node.js: 12.8.1
V8: 7.8.279.23-electron.0

Answers

• Options
    @Yooakim Unfortunately, that is how 3rd party (i.e. non-Microsoft) extensions have to be installed in ADS. This is different from how extensions are installed in VS Code (if you are familiar with that).

When you click the install button in ADS, a zip file with the VSIX will be downloaded. To install it into ADS, you will need to do it manually. To do this:

1. Click on the extensions tab, open the menu at the top and choose "Install from VSIX...".

2. Choose the SQL Prompt for ADS VSIX file that you downloaded.
    3. You will then get a message about installing a third party extension. Click "Yes" to install the extension:

4. You should then get a confirmation message that the extension has been installed successfully:

Software Engineer
    Redgate Software

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file