Add a new schema to the existing source countrol project

istanbul34istanbul34 Posts: 7 New member
edited November 15, 2018 6:42AM in Schema Compare for Oracle
Hi,

I have been using "Source Control for Oracle" to save versions on TFS

I added many schemas into my project. now I would like to add a new schema to the existing project.
But I can not see any section or button to do it.

Am I missing something or became blind ?

Thank you for your help

Tagged:

Answers

• No, you aren't missing anything. This is a known shortcoming in the tool that we are hoping to fix, and is referenced in the product roadmap. The only way to achieve this today is to delete the project and recreate it, which we recognise is not the best user experience.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • rlorlo Posts: 1 New member
    Hi - just wondering if there are any updates on when we might expect this feature to be implemented?  Thanks
  • @rlo - we are planning a complete GUI overhaul for the tool and we would hope that the ability to edit an existing project is something that is part of this piece of work. Although plans are always subject to change, it's likely that we'll have something in this area in H2 this year.
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • RobLinxweilerRobLinxweiler Posts: 1 New member
    edited August 26, 2022 9:09PM
    Is this still in the works?  As of today, it appears that you still can't modify a project's schemas once it's created.  I'm about to try editing the config files, but I'm afraid I'll end up down a rabbit hole.  I also saw that version 6 is released... is it fixed there?

EDIT: version 6 looks nearly identical to version 5; not seeing any way to edit the schema list.