How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Cannot see/edit Custom Alerts from Alert settings page

I downloaded a trial version of SQL Monitor 10.0.13.29293 and I am running it on the same server as some of the databases I am monitoring. After creating a few custom metrics and alerts (even though they seem to be running), I cannot see those alerts listed from the "Alert Settings: All Servers", and thus, I can't change/update the Notifications for these custom alerts. Is this a known issue or something I did not setup properly? 
Tagged:

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @dbl_frankly!

The custom alerts should be configurable from Configuration>Custom metrics.

Can you please take a look and confirm if they do appear there?

Thank 

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• dbl_franklydbl_frankly Posts: 7 New member
    You can create/update the alert thresholds from Configuration>Custom metrics, but you cannot override the Notification settings from there..I was able to find and update the config.AlertConfiguration table in the database that has the "notification type" and "email addresses" to override the default email alert notification. But in previous versions, like version 8, I was able to see these custom alerts and update them from Configuration>Alert Settings page.   

Hi dbl_frankly,

Ah apologies for misunderstanding!

It should actually show the Customer Alerts in Alert Settings: All Servers (where you should be able to customize the notification settings), so there may be something going wrong:

Can you send a screenshot of what categories you see on that page?

Sure...here is the screenshot, you'll see how "Custom Alerts" are not shown under the Availability Group alerts. On my older version 8, I do see this section  

Thank you @dbl_frankly! I realized that I wasn't on the latest version, but I have now been able to reproduce this. We have logged it with reference SRP-13128 and I'll post here once we have an update.

Thank you for bringing to our attention!

Jessica,

Downloaded and installed 10.1.8 and can now see the custom alerts to be able to override the defaults in the Alert Settings page.

Thanks