Options

SQL Prompt 10.1.1 Error and Locks up SSMS

I just updated to SQL Prompt 10.1.1. Now when I open SSMS (17 or 18), I get the error
Failed to load 'C:\Users\<userprofile>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10\ConnectionColoringServers.xml'.
The file exists and looks fine. All worked well before the update.
SSMS then locks up and I can't do anything at all.
How can I revert back to 10.1.0?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    cmfox1970cmfox1970 Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    alphonseg said:
    I just updated to SQL Prompt 10.1.1. Now when I open SSMS (17 or 18), I get the error
    Failed to load 'C:\Users\<userprofile>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10\ConnectionColoringServers.xml'.
    The file exists and looks fine. All worked well before the update.
    SSMS then locks up and I can't do anything at all.
    How can I revert back to 10.1.0?
    I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I also receive an error trying to send the error notification to Red Gate.
  • Options
    alphonsegalphonseg Posts: 34 Silver 1
    I had just done a Windows 10 update this morning also, so I was able to use the restore point to restore my machine back, which included SQL Prompt 10.1.0, so I'm able to get back to work.
  • Options
    alphonseg said:
    I had just done a Windows 10 update this morning also, so I was able to use the restore point to restore my machine back, which included SQL Prompt 10.1.0, so I'm able to get back to work.
    I uninstalled SQL Prompt and when I downloaded the latest version from Red Gate it installed 10.1.0.
  • Options
    alphonsegalphonseg Posts: 34 Silver 1
    Now, that's interesting!
  • Options
    coreycorey Posts: 4 New member
    My SSMS is blowing up due to C:\Users\<userprofile>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10\ConnectionColoringServers.xml

Tried uninstalling and clearing the appdata and then reinstalling.  No luck.  Wish I had saved the previous version setup file now :/
  • Options
    corey said:
    My SSMS is blowing up due to C:\Users\<userprofile>\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10\ConnectionColoringServers.xml

Tried uninstalling and clearing the appdata and then reinstalling.  No luck.  Wish I had saved the previous version setup file now :/
    Try this - https://download.red-gate.com/SQLDeveloperBundle.exe

Also, restore the app data if you can so all your settings are still there.
  • Options
    coreycorey Posts: 4 New member
    cmfox1970 said:
    corey said:

Try this - https://download.red-gate.com/SQLDeveloperBundle.exe

Also, restore the app data if you can so all your settings are still there.
    Installed this and restored my previous settings and everything is good to go.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Thanks for getting in touch. We are aware of an issue with SQL Prompt v10.1.1 and are currently looking into it. We will post an update when we have a fix.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    Guys, I think this must be a typo?

• Options
    Yes, that is a typo. Well spotted, and thanks for letting us know. I've just fixed it.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    jsreynolds1jsreynolds1 Posts: 82 Silver 1
    Good morning all, should we consider SQL Prompt v10.1.2 a fix for the issue listed above?
  • Options
    Yes, it should be.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software