"Unable to open database file" Error

JwassJwass Posts: 5 New member
Hi all,

When opening SQL Management Studio 2019, I'm getting an error named, unable to open databse file?
SQL prompt looks to be working fine but why the error?
Prior to the error, I have moved the Snippets Folder, and the Options Folder, via a GPO(registry). And it looks to be working..
Tagged:

Answers

• JwassJwass Posts: 5 New member
    Error:

• Hi @Jwass sorry to see you're experiencing some issues with SQL Prompt, could you please send over the log files?

https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp/troubleshooting/finding-the-sql-prompt-log-files

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

edited February 10, 2020 12:44PM
    Hi @DanC

Please see the attached log file. Let me know if there is anything iIcan do?
  • Hi @Jwass thanks for providing that to me! so it looks to me like a potential issue with the SavedTabs.db file which resides within your %localappdata% > Red Gate > SQL Prompt (version number). If you could make a copy of the file, then delete it from that location and re-run SQL Prompt, let me know the outcome! 

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

Hi @DanC,

It sadly didn't make any change. Still getting the same error. 
    "C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10\SavedTabs.db" was deleted before sql prompt was run.

Thanks for your help so far.
  • Hi @Jwass after reviewing the information you've sent directly in the ticket, my best suggestion would be to upgrade all of the Redgate plugins to the latest version and check again please. 

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

Hi @DanC

I have just updated SQL prompt to version 10.0.11.13728, still same error.

17 Feb 2020 09:41:30,335 [1] INFO  RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabMagicConnect2018 - Uninitialize
    17 Feb 2020 09:41:30,335 [1] ERROR RedGate.SQLPrompt.UsageReporting.ErrorReporting.ErrorReporter - Report error dialog UI shown
    code = CantOpen (14), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007FF): unable to open database file
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
       at RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.DocumentStore..ctor(IInstanceManager instanceManager, String databasePath, String instanceId)
       at RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.Initialization.Initialize(DTE dte, AddIn addInInstance)
       at RedGate.SQLQueryKeeper.TabMagicConnect2018.Initialize(DTE dte, AddIn addInInstance)
       at RedGate.SQLPrompt.SsmsPackage18.ConnectAdapter.<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<InitializeTabMagic>b__0()
       at RedGate.SQLPrompt.UsageReporting.ErrorReporting.ErrorReporter.Do(Action action)
    17 Feb 2020 09:41:35,774 [1] INFO  RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.BaseConnect.1 - OnConnection(ext_cm_AfterStartup)

• Hi @Jwass I escalated this one to the developers to investigate, once I have an update or new information I'll let you know!

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Hi @Jwass unfortunately the issue is due to the tab history file being moved with the general options into a windows share which currently isn't supported. Currently the workload is high on other development projects and they're unable to fix this issue currently. It's recommended not to share the general options within a windows share and instead export the settings from the options instead. 

I'm assuming you've shared your general options to be more dynamic with changes being applied to everyone, unfortunately this isn't supported and you'd have to take more of a manual approach with exporting and importing settings. 

My other suggestion would be to post your idea here with what you wish to achieve and the developers can take this into consideration: https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?