Options

Feature request for next version

jstangroomejstangroome Posts: 26
edited March 14, 2007 7:25AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
It would be nice if I could export the the list of warnings in the Warnings tab of the Summary stage of the Synchronization dialog. Copying to the clipboard in plain text would be sufficient.

Also, at the moment, the Dependencies stage of the Synchronization dialog only lets me choose to include all dependencies or none. I imagine there could be technical complications but being able to exclude some dependencies would be great. And seeing why each dependency was included would be fantastic.

Thanks for your consideration.

- Jason

Comments

• Options
    Never mind the first request, I realise now that right-clicking lets me copy the warnings. Your product GUIs are always first-class and I have become used to everything being so obviously accessible that I rarely right-click in SQL Compare anymore.

The dependency features would still be great though... unless they are lurking somewhere too? ;)

Regards,

- Jason
  • Options
    Jason,

Thanks for your requests, they are not impossible but rather technically challenging requiring a rewrite of a large and sensitive area of code. This being the case I cannot see this feature making into the product in the short term future. However, as the product develops we will take all requests into account.

Also have you considered using SQL Dependency Tracker, it will give you a graphical view of you database showing you how all your objects depend on each other.

http://www.red-gate.com/products/SQL_De ... /index.htm

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd