Sql Search stopped working - suspects on sqlite3_open_interop

EttoreEttore Posts: 2 New member
edited February 7, 2020 12:22PM in SQL Search
My Sql Search in the last times was answering randomly, once faster, once nothing at all.
Anyway yesterday it stopped giving any answer, whatever you typed in the search box you got always an immediate answer "No search results" in the middle of the pane.

So today I uninstalled it and reinstalled last version 3.4.1.2506.

Still no results.
I can add that reindexing is very, very (to much perhaps) fast and useless.

In the end I looked inside last log file and I found many errors like this:
==============================================================================
07 Feb 2020 13:08:35.843 [49] ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database XXX_Intranet: 
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'sqlite3_open_interop' in DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.
   at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_open_interop(Byte[] utf8Filename, Byte[] vfsName, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum flags, Int32 extFuncs, IntPtr& db)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.EnsureConnectionOpen()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.CreateCommand()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.DatabaseObjectStorage.Initialise()
   at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.DatabaseObjectIndexer.Index(CancellationToken )

==============================================================================

OS is a Windows 7 Enterprise (!!!).

Does anybody has a solution?

Thanks a lot

Ettore
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi there,

Sorry to see you are having issues with SQL Search tool. 

I can confirm we have come across this issue before and the fix is to clear out lingering registry keys.

Please uninstall and then follow the instructions on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Once completed you can reinstall, fingers crossed all works as planned then.

Let me know how you get on and shout if you have any issues!

Kind regards
    Karl Boldy | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • AdmanAdman Posts: 2 New member
    I'm having the same problem.

Uninstalled.  Used the utility linked above, but didn't know what I was looking for.  It asks if I want to fix Installing or Uninstalling.  I chose both, and it gives me a list of apps to fix.  I didn't find "Red Gate" or "SQL Search" in either list, so no actions were taken.

I reinstalled.  Same problem.

10 Feb 2020 10:59:03.322 [5] ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database tempdb: 
    System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'sqlite3_open_interop' in DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.

Help?
  • Hi both,

My apologies I may have led you astray!

Whilst SQL Search is installed you will need to run the tool from the URL to uninstall and this will allow it to remove any odd registry items fully.

One completed you can then reinstall as normal.

Apologies again and please do let me know how you get on.
    Kind regards
  • AdmanAdman Posts: 2 New member
    Reinstalling SQL Prompt fixed the issue.  It looked like there was some collision between the two applications.

Thanks!
  • Glad it's sorted things for you Adman!
    Kind regards