Trouble starting profiler on .net core app

IBhadeliaIBhadelia Posts: 2 New member
edited February 5, 2020 10:08AM in ANTS Memory Profiler
I am not able to start memory profiler for .net core app.

need some urgent help. I am evaluating 14 days trial to go full product purchase.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi @IBhadelia,

Sorry to hear you're running into an issue!

Just to confirm, what version of the profiler do you have installed (Help>About)?

The profiler doesn't yet support .NET Core applications running in IIS, I'm afraid, but you can profile it outside of IIS via the .NET Core application option:

(you'll need to tick the "it's a web application" option)

Can you please give this a try and let us know if any issues remain?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• IBhadeliaIBhadelia Posts: 2 New member
    My goal to turn profile on for IIS application. If URL get changed then I cant use as its getting used.

also I am looking into memory dump, summary gives good information but click on details doing nothing. its keeps spinning the wheels. So not able to see what information will be there. Basically I need to know where my memory is getting consumed. how deep memory dump gives details?

hope these screenshot helps you.

Imran
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4

Hi @IBhadelia,

I am so sorry! I was mistaken, profiling ASP.NET Core in IIS is indeed supported now.

Just to confirm, does the application normally run on port 7037? Are you using the "original port" or "unused port" option? In case this is permissions related, can you please try running the profiler as administrator and profile again?

Regarding the dump analysis issue, this feature is currently in beta and will require more in-depth troubleshooting. Can you please open a support ticket by emailing support@red-gate.com?

Note that the dump analysis will essentially give the same level detail as though you had profiled the application and taken a snapshot, e.g.

(and you can drill down to see the instance categorizer, lists, and graphs as well)

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?