Options

my SQL Search doesn't work anymore on SSMS. What happened?

my SQL Search doesn't work anymore on SSMS.  What happened?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi Jean, 

Thanks for your post. 

In what way does SQL Search no longer work in SSMS? 
    Kind regards

Robyn Edwards | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    I am finding out today that it does not work when I work from home with a VPN but works in the office when I am on our network.  
    When I say it doesn't work, I mean it doesn't work.  I pull up SQL Search on my SSMS screen, pick a server connection and a database, but no matter what i type into the search, it is blank.  

It is working today with direct connection to my server's network in the office, but working from home going through the VPN yesterday (with execellent internet connection) it would not work at all.

This is something new as of yesterday.  I have used it a lot in the past couple of years without issue when working remotely.
  • Options
    Hi Jean,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with SQL Search over VPN recently.

I've double checked and no new releases for our product have taken place since before Christmas, which would rule out a change in the way the tool works since you last used it remotely. 

In order to dig into this further could you please share your recent log file with me. It can be located by using the 'Help' menu in SQL Search, then click on 'Logging' and finally 'Locate log files'

It's possible that your internet provider could have altered something on their service however reviewing the logs recorded may point us in the right direction.
    Kind regards
    Karl Boldy | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?