MS SQL Server Database Projects Not Being Identified

howarthcdhowarthcd Posts: 70 Bronze 3
edited January 31, 2020 9:22AM in SQL Compare
It seems that at some point between SQL Compare 14.1.8.14471 and 14.2 the application has lost the ability to recognise MS SQL Server Database Projects when choosing a script folder, the message "Scripts folder found with missing metadata file" is shown.

Is this a known/unknown issue or has support for MS SQL Server Database Projects been removed? I can't see any reference to this in the release notes.

Edit: Just confirmed that it is working fine in 14.1.7.14336

Thanks
Chris
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @howarthcd I've managed to reproduce this, it still allows you to run the comparison in 14.2 although it shows an error. I've done a bug report for this and will keep you posted! Bug report reference SC-10773

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• howarthcdhowarthcd Posts: 70 Bronze 3
    DanC said:
    Hi @howarthcd I've managed to reproduce this, it still allows you to run the comparison in 14.2 although it shows an error. I've done a bug report for this and will keep you posted! Bug report reference SC-10773
    Great, thanks for this.

I've had to downgrade to v14.1.7.14336 as 14.2 wouldn't work against the database projects, complaining of duplicate definitions in the script files, even though there weren't any duplicates. I did find that if a RedGateDatabaseInfo.xml file is added to the root project folder then the comparison succeeds.
  • Hi @howarthcd this has now been fixed and pending release into the next frequent update. If you keep an eye out the next release suggested to you will contain the fix!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Brilliant, thanks - seems to be working fine.

Thanks again,
    Chris