Options

How to troubleshoot ANTS Visual Studio add-in problems?

Hi,

I've had problems trying to get the ANTS Visual Studio 2019 add-in to work on a IIS Express web project (Profiler v. 10.1). While starting the project through ANTS works, the VS add-in gives an error stating "The IIS Express configuration file was not found." I would assume the error means the add-in can't find ApplicationHost.config (by default located in \.vs\<project>\config).

I've searched for any log files or information regarding the issue but so far I haven't been able to find anything
relevant. How can I troubleshoot the issue further?

Some of the (failed) attempts so far:
- Making sure the service has permissions set correctly
- Moving the config file around in the project folder (mainly because I haven't found information where the add-in even tries to find the configuration file)
- Making sure the Performance Profiler has the correct settings (add-in doesn't seem to use the saved settings and tries to get the information from somewhere in the project files instead).
- Trying it on a fresh VS project.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    This config file is usually in your solution's folder, somewhere like C:\Users\username\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\WebSite5\.vs\config (or probably C:\Users\username\source\repos\WebSite5\.vs\config for newer VS versions).

Can you try manually setting up the profiling session and using that file as a custom config file? 
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    CheleusCheleus Posts: 2 New member
    Russell D said:
    This config file is usually in your solution's folder, somewhere like C:\Users\username\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\WebSite5\.vs\config (or probably C:\Users\username\source\repos\WebSite5\.vs\config for newer VS versions).

Can you try manually setting up the profiling session and using that file as a custom config file? 
    This is the only way I have got it working so far and what I originally meant when I mentioned starting it through ANTS Profiler works. The problem is (if the error says what I think it does) that I can't make the Visual Studio 2019 add-in to find the same config file.