Options

Transaction Log Backups for Replicated Databases?

CamromereCamromere Posts: 12 New member
I have a database which is replicated to another server for reporting purposes. The database is in Simple Recovery Mode and I want to change that to Full Recovery Mode to increase our recovery options and decrease data loss in the event of a disaster. However, when I changed it to full recovery mode, I immediately went to SQL Backup to schedule the transaction log backups, but the database is greyed out and listed under the Replication section.

What is the best way for me to get this database in full recovery mode and to schedule the transaction log backups through SQL Backup Pro?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Could you please post a screenshot of the SQL Backup screen where your database is shown in the 'Replication' section?  Thank you.
    SQL Backup - beyond compression
  • Options
    CamromereCamromere Posts: 12 New member
    I figured out what I did wrong yesterday. I change the recovery model to full after I started creating the backup job. This morning, I changed it to full recovery before I started creating the backup job and the database showed as available and I was able to create the transaction log backup job. Sometimes I need to face palm myself!