Options

10.0.1.12389 - Check for Updates = ERROR/Application Crash

Nikos226Nikos226 Posts: 14 New member
I'm on SSMS 18.2 using SQL Prompt 10.0.1.12389.

If I go SQL Prompt->Help->Check for Updates this will result in error and crash my session of SSMS.

Can you please confirm?

Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    ratraratra Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    I have the same issue with SSMS v18.4 and SQL Prompt 10.0.1.12389
  • Options
    Hi @ratra and @Nikos226,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A fix for it should be going out in the next release for this issue.

Best,

Tom,
    Team Prompt
    Software Engineer for SQL Prompt
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    AlbertoAlberto Posts: 10 Bronze 3
    I had the same issue with a fresh install of my laptop. SSMS 18.4 and the latest version of SQL Prompt 10 lead to a SSMS crash every time I tried to check for updates. I momentarily solved the issue (regarding a missing library) uninstalling SQL Prompt 10, installing the latest 9.5 version and upgrading from there. Now the "Check for updates" menu doesn't crash anything, but neither shows the usual popup with the "no available updates" message
  • Options
    awengaweng Posts: 7 New member

TomW, when will be the next release?

• Options
    We've just released SQL Prompt 10.0.2 which resolves this issue. Please get in touch if you have any other problems.
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Hi @TomW, thank you for the heads-up. I upgraded SQL Prompt from a freshly downloaded SQLDeveloperBundle and now it's all working as expected. Thank you very much!
  • Options
    That's great news @Alberto - thanks for letting me know!
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    mdullni1mdullni1 Posts: 27 Bronze 3
    When will 10.0.2 appear as an update on my system?  SSMS crashes when I try to run 'Check for Updates'.
  • Options
    mdullni1 said:
    When will 10.0.2 appear as an update on my system?  SSMS crashes when I try to run 'Check for Updates'.
    For what I understand, you have to upgrade your "bugged" version of SQL Prompt by downloading the SQLDeveloperBundle executable file from Red Gate. Running it should update your SQL Prompt version to 1.0.2, and from then on you'll be able to check for updates directly from within SSMS.