Issues with SSMS add-in

1. Updating the SSMS add-in yesterday removed the extension from VS 2019. I had to reinstall it.
2. After generating schema scripts and clicking done. It spins for a bit and produces the following error: Operation /api/v1/operations/d9d20af5-9dc2-4cf6-bdbb-b83e5466d11f took too long to respond. Timed out after 60000ms.
Clicking refresh then produces a series of errors which appear to be caused from it trying to run the baseline scripts:. xxx.sql has already been executed within the xxx_shadow database on this server. Clicking refresh generates another error for each script. Closing SSMS and reopening the project keeps it in this error loop. I had to open the project in VS and let it run a refresh. I could then open the project in SSMS with out errors.

I should note that I have tried this a few times and can reproduce it. Making data only changes in SSMS did not cause these errors.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    I am sorry that you have had issues with the latest version of SCA for SSMS. I will open a support ticket and get in touch to see if it's possible to get more detailed reproduction steps.
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools

Answers