Steps to upgrade to SSMS 18 then SQL Prompt 10 etc

I have SSMS 2014, and received notification that SQL Prompt 10 will drop support for that version.  So I need to upgrade to SSMS 18.  
Can someone provide the correct steps to getting SQL Prompt to register itself with SSMS.  
Do I uninstall SQL Prompt first, install SSMS 18, then re-install SQL Prompt?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• TomWTomW Posts: 108 Gold 1
    edited November 12, 2019 4:57PM
    Hi @KMHaynes

Yes, in order to get Prompt to appear in SSMS 18, you'll need to do an uninstall and then reinstall it after you've installed the new version of SSMS.

Best,

Tom
    Team Prompt
    Software Engineer for SQL Prompt
    Redgate Software
  • KMHaynesKMHaynes Posts: 3 New member
    OK, thx TomW!

Follow-up:  My office has a license for the whole SQL Developer Suite (Data Compare 14, Dependence Tracker 3, Prompt 10, etc.), but as far as I can tell I am using only SQL Prompt 10 (and maybe Data Compare??) .  So do I need to uninstall ONLY SQL Prompt 10, and reinstall it?  OR do I need uninstall ALL Redgate products in the suite and re-install?

Windows 10 "Apps & Features" only shows file sizes on Data Compare 11 and Prompt 10.  See pic below.

Thanks!

• Hi @KMHaynes

Any tools that act as plugins for SSMS (eg. Prompt) will need a reinstall in order for them to appear in SSMS 18. The tools that are standalone apps won't need reinstalling.

I hope this helps.
    Redgate Software
  • KMHaynesKMHaynes Posts: 3 New member
    Yes, thanks.  I appreciate your quick and helpful replies!
  • No worries at all - I'm happy to help.

Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have further questions. :smile:

Redgate Software