Options

Login to start using SQL Source Control hangs

hi
I have tried to activate my SQL source control license and use it.
This seems more difficult than i would have believed.
After installing the latest SQL Source Control 7 i open SQL Management Studio 18.2 and the first page shown is the Redgate Source Control page. I only have the option to click Log in, so this is what i do. An empty window opens op and hangs. The only thing i can do now is to click the x in the top right corner. Doing this crashes the Management Studio.
I have now also tried with SQL Management Studio 17.9.1 with the same result. I am using Windows 10 version 1809.
I have a college that uses the same SQL Management Studio and the same version of Source Control
I found the following in the log file:
15:32:53.058|WARN   |hared.ObjectExplorer|1  |Object explorer has no nodes, we hooked up in time
15:32:59.940|WARN   |riorityCommandTarget|1  |Unknown command 5efc7975-14bc-11cf-9b2b-00aa00573819 374
System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
   at EnvDTE.Commands.Item(Object index, Int32 ID)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.VsPriorityCommandTarget.TryGetCommand(Guid commandGuid, UInt32 commandId)

Can anybody help me with this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Can you share a screenshot of the screen you were prompted in SQL Source Control?
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    jluojluo Posts: 2 New member
    I got the same issue with the same experience. I just have the Red Gate SqlToolBelt installed, launch SSMS, clicked on a database, then linked with a git repository, which has less than 5 Meg worth of RedGate files, then I tried to "Link or Unlink static data", then the process hangs forever.

I have the latest source control of 7.0.44, upgraded from the initial SqlToolBelt install, and git 2.24.0.windows.2. 
    See the attached screen shot for mmsm version.
  • Options
    jluojluo Posts: 2 New member
    Can someone look at the issue? 

I am a paid customer and has been fighting with it for two weeks. 
  • Options
    jakobjakob Posts: 2 New member
    I solved my issue, by uninstalling all redgate packages and restarting my pc and then installed them again. It seems that restarting the PC did the trick because at first i did not consider that action.