Options

Suggestions not loading for Azure SQL Databases

BigPhilBigPhil Posts: 3 New member
I have version 9.5.21.11921 of SQL Prompt, running in SSMS 15.0.18142.0.

When I connect to any Azure SQL Database and select 'Run Query' from Object Explorer, it seems that the list of available table and column names are not loaded by SQL Prompt, reminding me of the bad old days.

Is this known behaviour? Can it be resolved?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MattOGMattOG Posts: 8 New member
    For the record. We work with Azure Database and our suggestions work fine, but ONLY using Active Directory Integrated or SQL Server Authentication methods. Attempting to use "AAD - Universal with MFA" fails to load anything.

Just in case it helps you some @BigPhil
  • Options
    MattOG said:
    For the record. We work with Azure Database and our suggestions work fine, but ONLY using Active Directory Integrated or SQL Server Authentication methods. Attempting to use "AAD - Universal with MFA" fails to load anything.

Just in case it helps you some @BigPhil
    MattOG, thanks very much for the input. I have tried logging in using SQL Server auth and can confirm that that works for me too. Not my preferred solution, but better than what I have currently. We're not yet in a position to use AD Integrated.
  • Options
    clansingclansing Posts: 10 New member
    I have this same problem connecting to Azure SQL but only with the latest version of SSMS (v18+).

I am using AAD - Universal with MFA Authentication.

However it works for me using the same authentication if I use the previous version of SSMS (v17.9)

If you could just figure out why if works in the previous version and make it work in the latest version, that would be great :)
  • Options
    clansing said:
    I have this same problem connecting to Azure SQL but only with the latest version of SSMS (v18+).

I am using AAD - Universal with MFA Authentication.

However it works for me using the same authentication if I use the previous version of SSMS (v17.9)

If you could just figure out why if works in the previous version and make it work in the latest version, that would be great :)
    I just tested this & confirm. SQL Prompt in SSMS 17.9 works as expected with Azure SQL Database via MFA.