SQL Prompt Smart rename is not finding dependencies.

SQL Prompt Smart rename is not finding dependencies. Is SQL Dependency tracker required for this or should SQL Prompt stand-alone do it?
I've used it before in a previous workplace where the whole SQL toolbelt was available, and it was seamless.  Where I am now, I only have SQL Prompt (and am in the trial period). 
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello Matt,
    SQL Dependency Tracker shouldn't be required for this feature, SQL Prompt should be able to do this on it's own.

Can you confirm if you're seeing this issue on the query script that's created or during the process to create said script? What version of SQL Prompt are you seeing this under?

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• MattB_SCAMattB_SCA Posts: 4 New member
    I'm seeing it in both areas. The creation part shows nothing expect the table the column to be renamed is in and Dependencies shows no dependant objects, even though they exist.  
    Once created, the script only mentions the table the column is in, but no dependencies..
  • Hello Matt,
    Thanks for those additional details and screenshot.
    Can you confirm if you're seeing this across all of your databases or only particular ones? Can you go into more detail on how the dependencies reference the column being renamed?

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?