Options

IIS – ASP.NET: Url for ASP.NET web application — Star bindings not supported

I've never used this product so I'm not sure if this has been answered.

I have a multi-tenant application that I'm attempting to work with on my development PC. The issue I'm running into is the pattern for the binding I'm selecting is:

ANTS Memory Profiler 10.2 complains saying the Url is not valid.

I can resolve, for now, this by adding a new Url, but my concern is why this limitation is there in the first place. Can this be fixed in a future release? *.domain.tld is a valid Url when you look at it from a binding point of view.

Thanks,
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi, what project type are you using and where are you entering the URL please? In IIS or in AMP (ie you're selecting a pre-defined website from the drop down list)?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • Options
    IIS - ASP.NET type.

I also notice I am unable to profile projects in debug mode. Is this by design?
    All of the routes fail and ASP.NET does not behave as expected. Is there a reason for this? Are there special steps for targeting bindings for csproj folders?
  • Options
    We've created MP-2598 to track this internally - currently though I'm afraid no it won't work.
  • Options
    A little further on this. As I said,. currently there's no easy way to make it work. We're converting and working with this input as Uri objects, and that does not allow usage of asterisks.

We're planning to modify how the selection of IIS app works/behaves, but it certainly won't be done in next release.
  • Options
    That's acceptable.

I was just reporting this because I'm sure no one has reported it before.

It's a multi-tenant app that distinguishes between tenants by the subdomain.

Could you post back here when it is implemented or is there a change-log I can review for that purpose?
  • Options
    Unfortunately our issue tracker is internal only, but I've added this thread to that issue as a reminder to update it when there is movement.