SQL Compare Command Line Interface

esumantiesumanti Posts: 14
edited March 7, 2007 8:26AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am an existing customer, I have been trying to use "command line interface" of sqlcompare but I am getting "This product requires a professional license".

How can I tell what edition do I have installed? Can you let me know (cost) of upgrading (??) to professional license?

thanks

Comments

• esumanti,

Hi there, the type of license you purchase is on invoice you were emailed. However, we really should put it in the product somewhere. As to upgrading, if you want to upgrade you just pay the difference between the Standard and Professional versions, which is $200. If you want to upgrade just send an email (sales@red-gate.com) or call sales they should be able to sort you out.

1 866 733 4283 (toll free USA and Canada)
    0800 169 7433 (UK free phone)
    +44 (0)870 160 0037 (rest of the world)

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi,

unfortunately I have nothing obvious in the invoice to show whether standard/enterprise edition has been puchased, does P10U5M0 or P59U5M12 means anything as far as edition to you?

Thank you.
  • Hi there,

One of the SKUs looks like standard version SQL Bundle, however if you email sales@red-gate.com with your serial numbers then they will be able to confirm this for you.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi,

I did send email to sales@red-gate.com, support@red-gate.com also Peter Peart last thursday, I have not got any reply, and almost giving up this forum was my last hope.

Let say I purchase upgrade to professional ed. do I uninstall my current standard edition or do I install on top?

Thank you
  • Hi,

Sorry, about the trouble that you have been put to. Can you please email me (jonathan [dot] watts [at] red [dash] gate [dot] com) your serial numbers, and then I will see what I can do.

If you purchase the professional version all you will have to do is change the serial number in SQL Compare and then this should unlock the professional version. The command line should then work.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • PetePete Posts: 7 Bronze 2
    Hi Elly,

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are having regarding this issue.

I sent a response to you on the 1st of March, and have also sent a 2nd response today.

Please would you be able to let me know if you do not receive this, they may be getting caught up in a spam filter.

Kind regards,

Peter
    Peter Peart
    Software Sales
    Red Gate Software
    Telephone: (USA & Canada) toll free +1 866 RED GATE #69
    Telephone: (Rest of World)+44 (0)870 160 0037 #69