SQL Prompt menu not available in Visual Studio 2015

I downloaded the latest SQL Toolbelt and installed it and I have no problem with SSMS 18.3, but the SQL Prompt menu is not available in Visual Studio 2015 Pro.  I even uninstalled all RedGate tools and re-installed them, this time ensuring that SSMS and Visual Studio were selected.  It's still not visible in Visual Studio.  I only have one version of SSMS and Visual Studio.  How should I resolve?  The help videos show a SQL Prompt menu in Visual Studio and darn it, I want one, too!

Answers

• Good Afternoon!
    Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to hear about your issue with SQL Prompt.
    Can you confirm if the following path exists with a SQL Prompt folder (please adjust the file path with your VS edition)?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• EricInSacEricInSac Posts: 3 New member
    The path does not exist.  I have folders "Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0," 11.0, 12.0, and 14.0, and none of them have a 2019 folder.  I did find the folder below, but no "Enterprise" folder anywhere.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions
  • Hello Eric,
    Thanks for the update.
    Can you try uninstalling your current version and then do the following with the latest installer below to see if that helps?

Open the installer by running it as administrator
    · Click on the Redgate icon at the top left of the installer and choose "Open temporary file folder"
    · Open the SQL Prompt folder and locate the INTERNAL_SQL Prompt_9.x.x.xxxx_x86.msi file
    · Open a command prompt running as administrator and then run the following (making sure to change the temporary path and logfile location as needed): msiexec /i "c:\temporary\file\path\INTERNAL_SQLPrompt_SQL Prompt_9.x.x.xxxx_x86.msi" /L*V "c:\logfile.log"

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• EricInSacEricInSac Posts: 3 New member
    This worked, I now see the menu but only when I'm in a SQL Server Database Project.  Thanks for your help!  I accidentally clicked "no" for "Did this answer your question?"
  • I'm having the same issue with VS 2017. Will the install and steps also work for VS 201?