Options

Update banner obscures stuff

GSSGSS Posts: 10 Bronze 1
The update banner is good at letting you know an update is available, but currently it is overlayed across the top of the window, directly beneath the menu bar and hiding the name of the servers you are comparing (which is essential information I like to always have visible).    And there is no way of dismissing it other than doing the install, whether you are ready for it or not.  SQL Data Compare has the exact same problem.

Am I missing something, or could the banner be put somewhere else?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi there,

Thanks for the question. Using the 'remind me' option will dismiss the banner from the top of the screen for you.

If that doesn't help for your use case do let us know, we'll see if there's an option to improve it.

Tim

Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    GSSGSS Posts: 10 Bronze 1
    Thank for your reply.  I've just tried that.  The problem is that selecting a "remind me" option when a comparison is on screen does not dismiss the banner.  So it overlays the server names at each side of the comparison.

It only dismisses it prior to you doing a comparison.   I suppose I could ensure I do that before running the comparison.