Options

Find not working anymore in SQL Doc 3

PrivatePylePrivatePyle Posts: 6
edited April 25, 2016 10:08AM in SQL Doc
In Sql Doc 2 we were able to hit Ctrl-F to open a search dialog and find objects in our database.

Since we updated to Sql Doc 3.0.0.94, this does not work anymore. Is this a bug or does this (very important) feature not exist anymore?

Comments

• Options
    It seems that this feature has been removed from SQL Doc and I have logged this bug/request as SDOC-1686.
    Note that in the documentation itself you can still use Ctrl-F to search through PDF and Word files, CHM has a built in search function, and you can use ctr-f to search through a web page in the Html format.

I will follow up with you via email in case you have any further questions or issues that I can help with.

Warm Regards,
    Andrew
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    What is the status of this problem?

We are almost not using SQL Doc anymore, because of this problem.
  • Options
    qbrtqbrt Posts: 3 New member
    Any update to this? I've just put up a generated HTML with Frames database docs on our corporate dev hub site and the first thing everyone has asked for is how can I search? Without this feature, the documentation is not getting used at all.
  • Options
    Just getting into SQL Doc, and how is this not a feature? It makes no sense to not have this....
  • Options
    MJoMJo Posts: 1 New member
    I too need this functionality, I just haven't taken the time to report it, until now.

RedGate Search is NOT a replacement.