Options

How are TFS build/release SQL Change Automation shell scripts updated?

We want to upgrade to the new SQL Change Automation 4.0 so that our DBAs can create SCA projects without the requirement for VS. We installed the shell scripts on the TFS server about 1 year ago.
It's unclear, to me, when we need to update the shell scripts on the TFS server. Do we need to update the shell scripts when we, (developer group and/or DBAs), change SQL Change Automation versions or does SQL Change Automation shell scripts update automatically? Also, when the SQL Change Automation server shell scripts are updated are they still backward compatible to projects from earlier versions (< 4.0)?

Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    If you are using the build and release tasks - there is an option for using the latest version of SQL Change Automation. When you run the tasks it will automatically update.

Also, yes, 4.0 is backwards compatible.
  • Options
    teetee Posts: 25 New member
    Thank you. I understand, from your reply, that 4.0 is backwards compatible.Am I understanding you correctly 'that after installing the shell scripts on the build and release server(s) that there is never a need to upgrade the shell scripts on the server(s)'?