Options

Server Problem with Srv-xxxxxx\xxx

when i try to add new servers to my SQL Backup , it's failed.

Failed description is this :

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.ServerUtilities.GetLicenseInformation(Server server)
   at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.Server.GetLicenseInformation()
   at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.Server.GetBackupInstallationInformation()
   at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.Server.RefreshBackupInstallationInformation()
   at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.Server.RefreshServerInformation()
   at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.Server.OpenConnection(Boolean updateData)

Best Answers

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    So sorry to hear you're running into an issue, @Merkousha!

Can I just check--is the SQL Instance that you're trying to add located on the same machine you are using the SQL Backup GUI?

If the answer is yes: in the installation folder for SQL Backup, the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 10\ you will find an executable called SQBServerSetup.exe. The SQBServerSetup.exe, is the executable for installing the SQL Backup Server Side Components.  Please run the executable and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the instance is on another machine: please locate the SQL Backup Server Components installer, SQBServerSetup.exe, on the machine where the SQL Backup GUI is installed (again in C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Backup 10) and copy the SQBServerSetup.exe to the machine that hosts the SQL Instance.  Now run the executable and follow the on screen instructions.  If installing to a Cluster, make sure copy the SQBServerSetup.exe to the current active node and then run the executable.

In both cases ensure that the server side components are successfully installed.  Are you now able to connect the SQL Backup GUI to the SQL Instance?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    MerkoushaMerkousha Posts: 3 New member
    i fix it , so thanks for your support.