Options

Enter the September Forum Competition

Hello everyone,

Would you like the chance to win a bag of Redgate goodies, including a copy of Grant Fritchey's book SQL Server Execution Plans, Third Edition? Then, enter our competition below!

To celebrate our upcoming 20th birthday (where has the time gone?!), we're asking you to tell us your favourite Redgate tool and a short reason why.

Share your answer below by 30 September for the chance to win.

Cheers,

Roseanna

Product Marketing Manager for SQL Prompt and SQL Toolbelt Essentials

Comments

• Options
    dfundakodfundako Posts: 1 New member
    SQL Clone! I used it one time to spin up 15 clones of a 1TB image for a training class. 
  • Options
    PDXManPDXMan Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    SQL Monitor.  Life-saver.  So easy to monitor all my instances and diagnose issues.  I have a large monitor on display so anyone who walks by can take a glance at the health of our instances.  No longer have the drive-bys from managers asking, "So, how's SQL doing?".  They get it all with a glance.
  • Options
    That is hard, I would say SQL Compare (or SQL Data Compare) they have both saved me so much time and frustration they are priceless.
  • Options
    I thinks it's the SQL Monitor. It easily provides a great overview of the monitored SQL servers and it is possible to integrate great custom metrics.
  • Options
    Thank you for your entries so far! We've really enjoyed learning what your favourite Redgate products are. Looking forward to hearing from more of you :)
  • Options
    SQL Prompt. SSMS keeps closing. SQL Prompt has saved my bacon when I have multiple tabs open. Don't know how I lived without it.
  • Options
    LuigiLuigi Posts: 1 New member
    SQL Prompt definitely, must have tool for every SQL folk. SQL code formatting, history of code tabs with searching are very useful, code snippets, code styles profiles...
  • Options
    SQL Source Control just edges it over Prompt - sometimes getting database developers to use source control is like herding cats.  SQL Source control makes it so easy that you see very little resistance and the devs can concentrate on delivering value.
  • Options
    SQL Dependency Tracker helped me get to grips on the database schema of an undocumented database on a large data migration project that was many months behind due to being bogged down in the low-level dependencies. It gave me a map of the work done and remaining. It was a saving guide.
  • Options
    DKerprichDKerprich Posts: 1 New member
    My favorite is SQL Data Generator, because it‘s flexible and a great tool in times of DSGVO (GDPR).
  • Options
    SQL monitor

To monitor entire server, set the alert, single dashboard to see and proactive and easily find issues
  • Options
    SQL Compare is invaluable to our change management verification.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your entries so far. We've really enjoyed reading them. The competition closes at the end of the day, so there's still time to tell us your favourite Redgate tool and why!
  • Options
    RoseannaRoseanna Posts: 353 Rose Gold 3
    edited October 1, 2019 9:48AM
    Thank you for all your entries. We really enjoyed reading them and finding out what your favourite Redgate tool is. I'm delighted to announce that the winner is... @HenningStell >:O 

Congratulations Henning! I will direct message you to arrange delivery of your prize.

The next forum competition will launch very soon!
This discussion has been closed.