SQL Search 3.3 Update

dbearddbeard Posts: 5 New member
I just updated to SQL Search 3.3 and now I get no search results regardless of my search criteria. See my screen shot below.

Is there something I need to do to get SQL Search working again? I am using Management Studio 17.9.1?

Tagged:

Answers

• atzinoatzino Posts: 6 New member
    I'm having the same problem. Just upgraded to 3.3.1.2410 and no search results when searching for a field that I know appears multiple times in our database. Any help is much appreciated.
  • Harmonk00Harmonk00 Posts: 5 New member
    edited September 3, 2019 5:42PM
    Same issue.  I see this in the current log file for redgate sql search:

03 Sep 2019 13:38:59.869 [72] ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database BlueBirdV2: 
    System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'sqlite3_open_interop' in DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.
       at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_open_interop(Byte[] utf8Filename, Byte[] vfsName, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum flags, Int32 extFuncs, IntPtr& db)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.EnsureConnectionOpen()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.CreateCommand()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.DatabaseObjectStorage.Initialise()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.DatabaseObjectIndexer.Index(CancellationToken )

Full log attached.
    edited September 3, 2019 5:57PM
    I see the same problem with SQL Server 2016 databases using SSMS version 2017.0140.17230.00.

From the current redgate log:

03 Sep 2019 13:38:59.869 [72] ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database BlueBirdV2: 
    System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'sqlite3_open_interop' in DLL 'SQLite.Interop.dll'.
       at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_open_interop(Byte[] utf8Filename, Byte[] vfsName, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum flags, Int32 extFuncs, IntPtr& db)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, String vfsName, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.SqliteDatabaseConnection.EnsureConnectionOpen()

Full log with errors related to this issue attached.  My previous attempt to attach the log seems to have disappeared.

• gemugemu Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    i'm having the same issue here... Has anybody opened a ticket for this?

03 Sep 2019 21:10:38.895 [110] ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database dbBlaBla:

• dbearddbeard Posts: 5 New member
    I have a ticket open. I have received a response from RedGate on this ticket but no resolution. They simply asked for the SQL Search log files. I will post back with any additional updates.
    I have not opened a ticket.
  • ggoeppelggoeppel Posts: 4 New member
    Same here. I got alert saying new version. Figured maybe instead of searching 3 times I could search once. Now nothing works. How do I rollback. This update broke it completely. 
    04 Sep 2019 10:30:10.551 [44] ERROR ServerObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing server: 
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.SQLite.ServerObjectStorage.Initialise()
       at RedGate.SQLSearch.Indexing.ServerObjectIndexer.Index(CancellationToken )
    04 Sep 2019 10:30:10.551 [49] ERROR DatabaseObjectIndexer - Exception while indexing database MUFG1: 
    04 Sep 2019 10:30:10.560 [BatchingUsageApiClient] INFO  RedGate.SQLSearch.UsageReporting.ApplicationUsageHelper - Sending 1 event:
    [
      {
        "eventType": "search",
        "headers": {
          "productId": "sql-search",
          "productVersion": "3.3.1.2410",
          "eventUuid": "294d6071-1a05-496b-979d-a6fa704d542c",
          "usageUserId": "0b18ae7a-80d4-4732-8936-7da9dd943fd9",
          "sessionUuid": "e356a5a3-eb92-4fd9-90bf-702abd0658f1",
          "createdTimeUtc": "2019-09-04T14:30:10Z"
        },
        "payload": null
      }
    ]
    04 Sep 2019 10:30:10.561 [BatchingUsageApiClient] INFO  RedGate.SQLSearch.UsageReporting.ApplicationUsageHelper - Sending 1 event:
    [
      {
        "eventType": "search",
        "headers": {
          "productId": "sql-search",
          "productVersion": "3.3.1.2410",
          "eventUuid": "855b0635-eb60-483f-bd8d-92b0836225e9",
          "usageUserId": "21749ee1-f9bd-4f8f-8b38-ab7d37fdd0d5",
          "sessionUuid": "c8f86b8b-f141-4f3e-aa26-facc102c3acc",
          "createdTimeUtc": "2019-09-04T14:30:10Z"
        },
        "payload": {
          "searched-databases": "multiple",
          "search-string-length": "23"
        }
      }
    ]
    04 Sep 2019 10:30:10.776 [BatchingUsageApiClient] INFO  RedGate.SQLSearch.UsageReporting.ApplicationUsageHelper - Usage reporting request made to https://featureusage.red-gate.com/v1/usageevents
      Number of submitted usage events = 1
      HTTP status code = 204 NoContent
      Response body =
    04 Sep 2019 10:30:10.789 [BatchingUsageApiClient] INFO  RedGate.SQLSearch.UsageReporting.ApplicationUsageHelper - Usage reporting request made to https://productusage.red-gate.com/v1/usageevents
      Number of submitted usage events = 1
      HTTP status code = 204 NoContent
      Response body =

Still working with Red Gate support. No resolution yet.
    FYI full sql tool belt install works. 
  • We've looked into this further on our end and it seems to be due to a conflict between the latest version of SQL Search and older versions of the other Redgate SSMS plugins. It's recommended that you use the SQL Toolbelt to upgrade all your tools to the latest version alongside that version of SQL Search to resolve this.

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• John_LJohn_L Posts: 1 New member
    edited September 5, 2019 2:38PM
    Done and it works.
    Confirmed and working: Note squigley's post above to use SQL Toolbelt to upgrade all Red Gate tools to the latest version. This will resolve the issue.
  • kkokko Posts: 2 New member
    I installed the latest SQL toolbelt but SQL search is still not working.
    edited September 5, 2019 6:44PM
    kko said:
    I installed the latest SQL toolbelt but SQL search is still not working.
    Did you use SQL Toolbelt to update all of your Red Gate products?

• kkokko Posts: 2 New member
    yes, before I used toolbelt update I even uninstalled search and reinstalled with toolbelt.
  • Are you (all) full toolbelt users? If so running either Prompt and Soc as well? SQLite was updated in SQL Search 3.3.0, SQL Prompt 9.5.13, and SQL Source Control 7.0.34, so once one has been updated past those releases, they all need to be.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • You can grab the latest toolbelt installer here: ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLToolbelt/06Sep2019/, or use CfU within the products.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?