How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

100% CPU usage

After installing SQL Monitor the server got 100% CPU usage. Is there a way to restore the sql server as it was? (Uninstalling doesn't help)
The program is meant to help me with possible issues, not creating new ;)
Tagged:

Comments

• Adam WAdam W Posts: 111 Silver 3
    Could you check what version you installed? Version 7.0.8 fixed some high CPU issues. The latest version is now 7.0.9

Thanks
    Adam
  • BarillaBarilla Posts: 2 New member
    Hi,

sorry for the late reply.
    The problem was solved by completely uninstalling SQL Monitor (latest version) AND dropping the RedGate database. The CPU load was still 100% as long as the database was present and went back as soon as the database was dropped.

/Barilla
  • markbayhonmarkbayhon Posts: 2 New member
    Dear Adam,

I have recently installed SQL monitor 9.1.0. Regardless of the version. Do have any information on how much the CPU usage the SQL Monitor will add to the server? 
    Could you check what version you installed? Version 7.0.8 fixed some high CPU issues. The latest version is now 7.0.9

Thanks
    Adam
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited August 9, 2019 8:54AM
    I'm afraid that isn't really a question that is easy to answer. It depends on what you're running on that server. How many instances, how many databases, how many queries, how complex they are, etc.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • markbayhonmarkbayhon Posts: 2 New member
    Dear Adam,

I have recently installed SQL monitor 9.1.0. Regardless of the version. Do have any information on how much the CPU usage the SQL Monitor will add to the server? 

Thanks
    Adam
    Dear Adam, 

We are currently using SQL Monitor 9.0.  We did some testing during non peak hours and we noticed that the CPU of the monitored servers went to 100% from time to time. I would like to know if there are any factors that might be causing the CPU of the servers to reach 100%. little background. the servers has HA set up. I usually add the cluster name in the SQL Monitor and this will show the two nodes.
  • What version of SQL are you monitoring? What times do you see the CPU spikes?
    Have you visited our Help Centre?