Not Automatically reconnecting restored tabs

Comments

• @ahdung

Unfortunately our issue trackers are all internal. I'll keep here updated as soon as there is any meaningful updates.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • ahdungahdung Posts: 28 Bronze 2
    @Tianjiao_Li I see, thank you.
  • jondcolemanjondcoleman Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    I'm having the same issue.

Here's my version:

edited July 2, 2019 12:39AM
    9.5.8 still not fix SP-7650, what do you think man? This issue should be increase to emergency level.
  • TigsTigs Posts: 1 New member
    I've got this issue too with SSMS 18.1, SQLPrompt 9.5.8.10521
    do you fixed this?
  • Hi everyone,

Tom from the Prompt team here. We've fixed this issue and we'll be shipping that fix to you all later this week. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused in the meantime.

Please get in touch if you have any other issues.

Thanks.
    Software Engineer for SQL Prompt
    Redgate Software
    @TomWalshGreat, thank you very much.
  • This release should now be available to you all. Please get in touch if there are still any issues.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Redgate Software
  • doowrucdoowruc Posts: 20 Bronze 1
    Installed - can confirm it is once again working - it even restored connection on my open tabs from when I closed to install the update

Many thanks
  • Glad to hear it's all working @doowruc :)
    Redgate Software
  • Hi

Thanks for your patience with this issue!

I'm pleased to let you know the fix has been released. Please upgrade or here is the direct download - http://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_9.5.14.11144.exe
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • dfalzonedfalzone Posts: 6 New member
    Even with the update 9 5 14 11144 ssms 18.2 with latest apexsql refactor loaded doesnt reconnect a single tab with select 1. As soon as i uninstall apex it works.
  • dfalzone said:
    Even with the update 9 5 14 11144 ssms 18.2 with latest apexsql refactor loaded doesnt reconnect a single tab with select 1. As soon as i uninstall apex it works.
    That’s because apex sql actively hijack the way we hook into ssms, so there’s nothing we can do about that. You’d need to ask them to stop doing that.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
    dfalzone said:
    Purely out of interest, why do you have both? Does SQL Prompt not do everything that Refactor does?
    doowruc said:
    dfalzone said:
    Purely out of interest, why do you have both? Does SQL Prompt not do everything that Refactor does?

Redgate came second.
    9.5.14.11144 still have problem.
    my ssms never exit, and pc will hibernate every night, some morning, the tabs use sql auth way will not reconnect, but the tabs use SSPI didn't.
    since upgrade to 9.5.14.11144, this issue occured few times, please help.
    and i'm not have any apexsql thing.
    Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:
    That’s because apex sql actively hijack the way we hook into ssms, so there’s nothing we can do about that. You’d need to ask them to stop doing that.
    Russel this thread is about redgate not reconnecting tabs when starting ssms with apex. As you see Tianjiao posted the thread below on 8/22 stating the issue was resolved via  9 5 14 11144.exe. I letting you know it didnt fix the issue as stated. If youd like apex to stop doing something please feel free to reach out on your own. I'd prefer to not be in the middle of your beef with apex.

Tianjiao_Li Redgate › Posts: 447 Rose Gold 2
    Hi

I'm pleased to let you know the fix has been released. Please upgrade or here is the direct download - http://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_9.5.14.11144.exe
    Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:
    Russel this thread is about redgate not reconnecting tabs when starting ssms with apex. As you see Tianjiao posted the thread below on 8/22 stating the issue was resolved via  9 5 14 11144.exe. I letting you know it didnt fix the issue as stated. If youd like apex to stop doing something please feel free to reach out on your own. I'd prefer to not be in the middle of your beef with apex.

Hi

Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:

Hi

Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:

Hi

dfalzone said:
    Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:

Hi

Actually, the OP has nothing to do with Apex - the original issue happens without Apex being installed
    So, having now rebooted my PC for the first time since installing the update, the problem is back - none of my tabs have reconnected
    doowruc said:
    So, having now rebooted my PC for the first time since installing the update, the problem is back - none of my tabs have reconnected
    It appears to be caused by multiple closing and opening of SSMS, not rebooting:

Steps to reproduce:
    1. open empty SSMS environment
    2. new query
    3. connect
    4. execute
    5. close SSMS
    6. launch SSMS
    7. SSMS opens with previous tab connected
    8. close SSMS
    9. launch SSMS
    10. SSMS opens with previous tab disconnected
    I've tried this repeatedly, reconnecting when it opens disconnected, and it always opens disconnected every 2nd launch.

Each time I am waiting for SSMS to completely exit and disappear from Task Manager list.

SSMS v18.1 15.0.18131.0
    SQL Prompt v9.5.14.11144

I have no other extensions installed
    @doowruc same with your
    dfalzone said:
    Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:

Hi

Actually, the OP has nothing to do with Apex - the original issue happened without Apex being installed
    dfalzone said:
    Russell D said:
    dfalzone said:

Hi

Actually, the OP has nothing to do with Apex - the original issue happened without Apex being installed
    @Tianjiao_Li @Russell D Please see my post from August 28, 2019 11:26AM - the fix is not complete. 
  • Hi @doowruc

Thanks for sending over your reproduction steps. Could you please confirm whether you've checked the "Remember my password" box on the SSMS connection dialog, as Tab History can't reconnect tabs if that isn't checked?

Thanks,

Tom
    Redgate Software
    Hi @TomW yes, save password is checked every time.