How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Azure database custom metrics analysis

I have a number of custom metrics on an azure database, however, when I go to the analysis page in SQL monitor I am unable to see any data for them.  I believe it is because it is expecting me to select a server on which the database resides and there is no server listed for the Azure databases.  Am I missing something here?  Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    edited July 23, 2019 1:56PM
    Can you screenshot what you do see please?

Ordinarily though , the middle column is the azure sql server, with the individual databases in the third column:

Have you visited our Help Centre?
  • SherryESherryE Posts: 6 New member
    I'm looking for databases on the Azure server named Clearent-Reporting.database.windows.net which is being monitored as shown below from the Configuration->Monitored Servers.

The issues seems to be that this Azure server is not being displayed in the server box.  All of the servers listed below are on prem. servers

Let me know if I'm missing something here.  Thanks!
    Please disregard.  I've found what I was looking for by simply scrolling down further in the first box.
  • Russell DRussell D Posts: 1,324 Diamond 5
    It is sometimes hard to find metrics in the selectors, especially if they have long names. We know it needs improving - but great UX is not easy. Glad you found it.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?
    Unfortunately the name wasn't the issue its the fact that ALL custom metrics appear in 2 places, Custom Metrics and Azure Custom Metrics.  I stopped when I found Custom Metrics when I needed to go further down to Azure Custom Metrics.  Thanks for your assistance, it was your screen shot that showed Azure Custom Metrics that clued me in that I was not looking at the right thing!