Options

Installing SQL Prompt v9.1.1.4243 via SCCM

SACESACE Posts: 1 New member
I have been attempting to install SQL Prompt via SCCM. I am leveraging the PS App Deploy Toolkit as the actual install script then deploying via SCCM.

The peculiar issue I seem to be seeing is that during the install I get the following error message (see screenshot). The installer seems to be looking for a folder that doesn't exist. I am not sure where it is referencing this from. The ccmcache folder is the folder used by SCCM to download installer files. It dynamically creates a new numbered folder for each new application. For some reason SQL Prompt installer thinks the installer files are in the '11' folder when it is actually in '18' (again dynamically created).

I have tried both the exe and the extracted MSI installers, both produce the same issue. This issue however does not happen when running the installer manually.

Is there a way around this? Surely SCCM has been used previously to deploy this application.

I can script the install files to be copied to a more static temp location but then how do I edit the installer to point to that location? I havent worked out how to edit the .mst file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    It's been a long time since I did sccm packaging but I can't really work out where you'd be getting that \11\ folder from; I've extracted a few versions of Prompt and never get anything like that, then can install via msiexec as expected.
    Have you visited our Help Centre?