csv datasource not working when restored from version control

On some tables I am using "Use existing data source" to use csv files. They are stored in the folder beside my .sqlgen file. I save the whole folder as a project in version control (Git within TFS). When I refresh from version control, or a colleague clones the project, bringing it back to the identical folder structure, the tables which use csv files do not show preview data. To get it back I have to 'browse' to the csv file even though it is in the location as listed in the 'source' field. I have to do this for each table and field that uses a csv file as its source. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5

Hi Helen

Thank you for your forum post.  I suspect that you have also submitted a support request ticket number #142091.

The behaviour you have described for me is not expected.  However, I have never tested copying the .sqlgen files and their associated csv files between machines or source control systems.

Does the behaviour you described in your message only occur with a copied file from your version control system or does it occur when saving a project on the local PC and reopening the saved file on the local PC?

What version of SQL Data Generator are you using?  You can confirm the full version number from the Help menu ->About option.

Also via the Help menu ->Logging option, you can increase the minimum logging level to verbose.  The default setting is 'No Logging', please increase the logging level to verbose and repeat the steps to load the copy of the project from source control?  There maybe an entry in the log file that help us identify a cause of the problem.  Please reply with a copy of the log file for me to review.

Many Thanks

Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • HelenHelen Posts: 6 Bronze 1
    Yes, I also created that ticket, please feel free to cancel it. The behaviour does not happen when I save and reopen the project. I can replicate it by cutting the folder and moving it to another drive, then returning it to the original location, without using any source control system. The version number is 3.2.3.1223. I have attached the most recent log file.