Options

Table differences cannot be shown for 1st displayed table until user moves off table and back on.

FYI, this seems like a bug, but it has a work around.  I'll try to explain below.

When I compare the data on a set of database tables (SQL Server), as soon as the comparison is done the list of tables is shown split between "different", "identical" groupings.  In this situation, only one table is different and is automatically selected (or highlighted) when the tables are shown after comparison is finished.  If I try to double click on the table with differences, The data differences view panel does not show up. In order to have the data differences show up, I have to select another table (in my case in the identical group) and then go back to the table that's different. Now when I double click on the table that's different, I get the rows that are different.

What I described is a work around for the problem of the first already selected table (if different) will not show data differences until a different table is selected and then the previous table is selected again.

I suppose this could be a feature, but it just seems odd that I can't show the data differences without un-selecting the selected table and then re-selecting the table.  Seems like odd behavior.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Tianjiao_LiTianjiao_Li Posts: 684 Rose Gold 5
    Answer ✓
    @keaedwar

Thanks for reporting this!

We do have this issue already logged in our internal bug tracking system. It's not been prioritized unfortunately but I've made a note on the bug report that you've reported it as well. The reference number is SDC-2763 in case you want to follow up in future.

Thanks.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers