Not able to view the Database Diff Report in Azure Devops Build pipeline

I was able to use the Redgate Ready Roll extension in Azure Devops Build and Release Pipeline. Everything was working fine till 8th April,2019. Now, suddenly I am facing below challenges.

• I am not able to view the Database Diff Report in AzureDevops Build Pipeline. On the other hand the Database reports are getting generated and present in Build.ArtifactStagingDirectory. I can Download the Same (.html) from publish artifact of build definition and can view the changes.

• When I click on Database Diff Report Tab in Build , I got below message
  • Also in the Summary Tab of Build Pipeline, In Database deployment preview I am getting Below Message

Any help will be appreciable. Thanks in Advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• Apologies, this has been caused by a bug which we are investigating at the moment (bug report SCA-2598).

I will update this thread once this is fixed or there are other updates.
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • AnanddeshAnanddesh Posts: 6 New member
    @Sergio R  Thanks for updating. Please update this thread once you done with your investigation .
  • Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Ananddesh,

This deployment method is now deprecated so we will not be able to fix this in a newer version.

We recommend that you migrate to the the SQL Change Automation Build Azure DevOps add-on, which is available on the marketplace.

However, if you decide to continue using this method and since this issue was caused by the 2019-04-09 release, you can work around this by using the latest version of the tools that didn't cause this issue.

To enable you to do this, we have now added the option to use a particular version (whereas previously you could only use the very latest version). You just need to add the version you want to use in the "Download ReadyRoll Build Components" task. I recommend that you try setting this to 3.0.19092

Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • AnanddeshAnanddesh Posts: 6 New member
    @Sergio R Thanks for the Reply.
    I have set "Specific version of ReadyRoll to be used" to "3.0.19092"

Still I am not able to see the database Diff Report from Build Definition.

on the other hand, The report are getting generated in the Artifacts of the Build Definition.

• Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Upon further investigation, it looks like that it wasn't our update that broke this but a change in Microsoft's API so I am sorry to say but reverting to an earlier version won't resolve this issue after all.
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd