Data Compare does not sync sequences on Microsoft SQL

I synced 2 MS SQL databases , schema and data compare/deploy , all seemed to be exactely in sync.
But noticed that we also used a sequence , but returned on both MS SQLs a different result !
Could it be that sequences are not set (reset) equaly when doing schema and data compare/deploy ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Can you please check if there is any filter that filtering out this sequence by any chance?
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • dirkbrudirkbru Posts: 2 New member
    no filters set.
    Also another thing I discovered when doing a data compare/deploy.
    I copied records from a source table , for example highest identity id was set to 28000.
    When I now add records in the destination table , its identity id continues from 1000.
    Meaning the compare/deploy did not reset the offset identity seed of my table
  • gemugemu Posts: 17 Bronze 2
    edited June 6, 2019 10:24AM
    Tianjiao, I'm not aware of any filters in SQL Data Compare, only a list of options where nothing is mentioned about sequences.

Just to be clear what we mean with sequences:

Code snippet for our sequence object:
    CREATE SEQUENCE [dbo].[a_seq_example] <br>&nbsp;AS [BIGINT]<br>&nbsp;START WITH 1<br>&nbsp;INCREMENT BY 1<br>&nbsp;MINVALUE -9223372036854775808<br>&nbsp;MAXVALUE 9223372036854775807<br>&nbsp;CACHE <br>GO
    It seems as if redgate is unaware of the sequence object and it is not syncing (or taking into account) the properties of the sequence object in sys.sequences.

Can we get some clarification on how redgate data compare deals with sequence objects? This is important for us to know. If redgate product suite is incompatible with sequences we need to rethink our database design or look for other solution.
  • @dirkbru @gemu

The development team has confirmed that SQL Data Compare doesn't support sequence like we do in SQL Compare.

I couldn't find any similar suggestions on our user voice forum, so please feel free to add yours https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/147879-sql-data-compare 

Thanks.
    Kind regards

Tianjiao Li | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?