Oracle SQL Developer - Azure DevOps Integration

Dear all:

We are a very small team looking to keep using SQL Developer, but having source control software on Oracle.

Our centralized IT team is deploying globally Azure DevOps, but they are mostly targeted at .NET development, so pure MS platform and no Oracle know-how.

Before attempting to deploy our own SVN or Git, can you please let us know if we can ask IT to provision and empty Azure DevOps repository / site or whatever is the term used there and for us to be able to keep developing on SQL Developer and having the Redgates's Source Control for Oracle functionalities?

I see that Visual Studio Online is mentioned in the product documentation at:

But I want to make sure Azure DevOps is also supported.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Answer ✓
    Yes, Source Control for Oracle 5 supports Azure DevOps (sorry, the documentation is out of date)

All code changes should be done on the live database.

Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Answer ✓
    Both Git and TFVC are supported when connecting to Azure DevOps using Source Control for Oracle

Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools

Answers

• romovalromoval Posts: 6 New member
    Also, would the tool recognize and notify of out-of-sync objects if the changes to the objects are not done into the DB instance, but by manually changing the SQL files inside Azure DevOps using its native text editor?
  • romovalromoval Posts: 6 New member
    Dear all:

Thanks.

One more question, our centralized IT team provides Azure DevOps using two types of version control systems. 

They offer Git or Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC).

They recommend Git, but before making the formal request I would like to validate which one is supported or recommended by Source Control for Oracle 5.

Thanks again,

Roman.