Options

2005 Service pack 2

MartinButcherMartinButcher Posts: 16
I recently evaluated Prompt 3 when I had the pre-release version of sql 2005 service pack 2 installed and it created an entry in the Sql Manager Tool Bar but it was greyed out.
This was fixed with a pre-release version of Prompt I was given.
I also had problems with large scripts causing prompt to hang the whole PC so in the end I gave up the eval and went back to version 1 which works but is very limited.
Now that 2005 SQL sevice pack 2 is released is there a plan to release a version that supports having this installed? And have you guys fixed the problem with large scripts yet.
I really want to order but I cant really justify it whilst it wont support my environment properly.
Also it would be great if you could support Visual Studio as well so we can use it in Microsofts new workgroup for database professionals.

Comments

• Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting, we do have all these things in mind and we'll obviously continue to improve SQL Prompt as time goes on. Now as far as SQL Server 2005 SP2 goes SQL Prompt 3 should work OK. If you're having problems can you please provide me with more specific details about the issues you're experiencing and we'll take a look into them?

Many thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Bart

However as I am now out of my trial period for Prompt 3 I am in a catch 22 situation. I cant eval it again to see of it works OK with service pack 2 and I dont want to buy it untill I have trialed it and confirmed it works OK!! :(
  • Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Martin,

No worries. If you get in touch with sales@red-gate.com they'll be able to give you an extension on your trial period so you can check it out.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    Bart Read wrote:
    Thanks for posting, we do have all these things in mind and we'll obviously continue to improve SQL Prompt as time goes on. Now as far as SQL Server 2005 SP2 goes SQL Prompt 3 should work OK. If you're having problems can you please provide me with more specific details about the issues you're experiencing and we'll take a look into them?

I just happened by these posts by accident, but for what it's worth, I've been using SQL Prompt with SP2 for a couple of weeks with no issues at all (except of course that MS has now release sp2a).